Blueberry Pickers job in New Zealand Blueberry picking is a seasonal job that is available in New Zealand, usually during the summer months, which is from December to February. The job involves harvesting ripe blueberries from the bushes. It is physically demanding work that requires you to be on your feet for long hours, often in outdoor conditions.
- Location: New Zealand
- Duration: 1 years
- No. of vacancies: Multiples
- Nationality: Any
- Experience: 3 months
Here are some key points to consider if you’re interested in becoming a Blueberry Picker in New Zealand:
- Season: As mentioned earlier, the blueberry picking season typically runs from December to February. However, exact dates may vary depending on the region and weather conditions.
- Location: Blueberries are grown in various regions across New Zealand, including areas such as Bay of Plenty, Waikato, and Northland. The location of the job will depend on the specific farm or orchard where you are employed.
- Work Conditions: Blueberry picking can be physically demanding, as you’ll be bending, reaching, and standing for long periods. It’s important to be prepared for working outdoors, which means dealing with sun exposure and varying weather conditions.
- Accommodation: Many farms offer accommodation options for seasonal workers, but this is not always the case. It’s essential to inquire about accommodation arrangements before accepting a job offer.
- Pay: The pay for blueberry picking is usually based on piece rates, meaning you earn money based on the amount of fruit you pick. This can vary depending on the farm and the individual’s speed and efficiency.
- Working Hours: Blueberry picking can involve early starts and long days, as the fruit is often picked in the cooler morning hours to preserve its quality.
- Working Holiday Visa: If you’re not a New Zealand citizen or resident, you’ll likely need a valid Working Holiday Visa or a relevant work visa to participate in seasonal work like blueberry picking. Make sure to check New Zealand’s immigration website for the most up-to-date visa information.
- Language Requirements: While knowing English is beneficial for communication with supervisors and fellow workers, it’s not always a strict requirement, as many blueberry picking jobs do not demand fluency in English.
To find blueberry picking jobs in New Zealand, you can search online job portals, contact local farms directly, or look for agencies that connect seasonal workers with employers.
Keep in mind that the information provided here is based on the situation up to my last update in September 2021. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to verify current details and requirements from official sources or recent job listings.
Type Of Vacant Appointments
Click Link Below
The application procedure would be online, the candidate having all the documents is required to send them to us for further procedure. We will check the skills and eligibility and call the suitable one. Join us right after the call because we need a candidate as soon as possible.